- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup red and/or green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup collard greens, washed and thinly sliced like ribbons (optional)
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas or pinto beans (optional)
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 chef knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large skillet or wok
- 1/2 cup, 1 cup measuring cups
- 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp measuring spoons
- 1 wooden or metal cooking spoon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet or wok until hot.
- Add the garlic, green onions, and ginger.
Stir and cook for approximately 3 minutes until tender and aromatic.
- Add the other 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
Quickly saute the bell peppers and collard green ribbons for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the salt, black pepper, rice, black-eyed peas or pinto beans, and sriracha.
Stir and cook until heated throughout. Stir constantly to keep it from burning.
- Plate and garnish with more green onions.