Meal 1: Roast Chicken
- Roast a 5-7 lb. chicken sprinkled with salt and pepper (15 minutes at 425 degrees, lower heat to 350 degrees and cook 15 minutes for every pound).
- Carve and serve half if the meat along with potatoes and salad.
- Hang onto the rest of the meat and carcass to make more meals.
Meal 2: White Chicken Chili
- Rinse 1 can of cannellini beans.
- Combine beans, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, 2-4 ounces canned chopped green chiles, 1 large chopped onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp oregano, 3/4 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 cup frozen corn, and 2 cups cooked diced chicken.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
Meal 3: Curry Chicken Salad
- Chop the meat from the drumsticks and thighs and mix with mayonnaise. 1/4 tsp curry powder, halved grapes, minced parsley, and chopped celery.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or as a sandwich.
Meal 4: Chicken Quesadillas
- Saute 1 sliced red pepper and 1 sliced red onion until soft.
- Spread canned refried beans on tortillas, add chopped chicken, onion, pepper, and grated cheese.
- Fold and cook filled tortillas in pan on both sides until cheese is melted.
Meal 5: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Simmer the carcass with chopped celery, carrot, and onion in enough water to cover on low for several hours.
- Strain, mix in cooked pasta, and serve.